What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
Teeth become discolored for different reasons:
- Frequently drinking coffee, tea, or colas.
- Some antibiotics may darken developing teeth in children.
- Aging - The dentin underneath the enamel of a tooth gradually darkens
- Use of tobacco products.
- Accidents - If a tooth has been traumatized,
sometimes the nerve will gradually "die", and the tooth becomes
- After Root Canal Therapy, a tooth will
What Can Be Done About Tooth Discoloration?
The three most common remedies for tooth discoloration are:
Each patient must be evaluated individually, so Contact
Us to set up a cosmetic dentistry consultation.
Dr. Ledner or Dr. Zaiff
will discuss the appropriate options with you for your particular case.
© Copyright 2003-
Dental WebSmith, Inc.
and Elliot Ledner, DDS, Janet Zaiff, DDS, PC. All rights reserved worldwide.
Disclaimer: The information provided within
is intended to help you better understand dental conditions and procedures.
It is not meant to serve as delivery of medical or dental care. If you have
specific questions or concerns, contact your health care provider.